Well, here in Baltimore it has been cold as a witch’s teat, as they say. (Who is they? Why do they have so many things to say?) These frigid temperatures do a number on me; I’m a damn recluse the minute I can see my breath when I walk outside. The dry, cold air in combination with having the heater turned all the way up wreaks havoc on my body, face, & hair. & mind.
Here’s my top 5 products for dealing with all this ice shit. (P.S. These products work for both the ladies and da boyz. cuz we all have to survive winter amiright?)
1. Lips – my lips get drier and chapped as all hell in the winter. I have a Chapstick in every coat pocket and purse all year long but come the depths of the cold and it becomes an extra appendage. I’ve been known to take it in the shower. (Weird? Yeah, I guess. This is a safe space right?) Lately I’ve been loving the Jack Black Intense Therapy lip balm, esp the Shae butter one. It’s suuuuper thick and relieves the pain associated with chapped lips in addition to heals them. Bit pricey for my taste, but desperate times.
2. Skin – dry, itchy, flakey, horribleness. Sexiest post yet. I have truly unbearable dry skin in the winter. Your average body lotion ain’t gonna cut it when the snow starts falling, hunny. My holy grail body butter is the Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter. I’ve destroyed countless tubs of this heavenly product you get at the GROCERY store. A kitsy, hipster grocery store but a grocery store that I love nonetheless. The scent isn’t too overpowering and it is super moisturizing. Included a link to buy on Amazon, but it’s a few dollars cheaper in the actual store.
3. Hands – I wash my hands, a lot. Trust – if you worked in retail you would too. & that cheap corporate soap will suck the living life out of your hands. (And your soul! MUAHAHA) But I HATE when hand lotion leaves your hands all slimy and gross. I’ve tried a billion different hand lotions and the only one I think really moisturizes without being slimy is the L’Occtaine Dry Skin Hand Cream. It’s pricey, but I buy the travel size since I will inevitably lose it and need another one.
4. Face – to be honest, I’m still on the hunt for my end- all- be- all, Prince Charming face moisturizer. But one product has been in my collection for years and years and that’s those little tins of Nivea creme. Yes, like the one your grandmother had, navy and white packaging. I use this on little dry spots, under my eyes, and around my nose at night, it’s thick and heavenly without being gross and clogging my pores.
5. Soul – Whiskey. Duh. The only one of these products that warms you from the inside out! Meet you at Blue Pit, order me a Knob Creek Maple old fashioned plz and thanks.
Hope you enjoyed this Top 5, I think I might do a separate hair post for winter because that’s a whole different animal. What are your winter necessities? Comment below!